Aims and scope
The editorial mission of Cardio-Oncology is to advance the science and practice of this emerging field to find a balance between oncologic efficacy and reducing adverse cardiovascular effects through timely publication and dissemination of peer-reviewed research. As an open access, online journal Cardio-Oncology provides a high visibility platform for the publication of original research and expert reviews on the cardiovascular effects of cancer treatment.
The journal welcomes submissions to the following sections:
• Adult Oncology - Giuseppe Curigliano and Susan Dent
• Clinical Cardiology - Daniela Cardinale and Daniel Lenihan
• Clinical Trials - Michael S Ewer and Thomas Suter
• Geriatric Oncology - Dawn L Hershman
• Imaging - Steven Colan
• Nursing - Anecita Fadol and Mary McCabe
• Pediatric Oncology - Gregory Armstrong and Stephen E Sallan
• Radiation Oncology - Louis Constine
• Translational Cardiology - Bonnie Ky and Ed TH Yeh
About the society
Cardio-Oncology is the official journal of the International Cardio-Oncology Society (ICOS). The society brings together cardio-oncologists from around the world with the aim of reducing cardiovascular disease in cancer patients and thereby saving patients' lives. For more information about this important work, please visit the ICOS website.
To learn more about the affiliation between Cardio-Oncology and ICOS, please see this blog on the BMC blog network.
Cardio-Oncology is affiliated with the International Cardio-Oncology Society (ICOS).
- Editorial Board
- Sign up for article alerts and news from this journal
2017 Journal Metrics
29 days to first decision for reviewed manuscripts only
32 days to first decision for all manuscripts
57 days from submission to acceptance
17 days from acceptance to publication
32 Altmetric Mentions